About 1,000 people turned out for a short-notice rally at Keeneland the evening of June 24 and were told the fight for racetrack gaming isn't over.
The Kentucky horse industry, in the wake of the defeat of racetrack gaming legislation, is planning a rally at the Keeneland sale pavilion in Lexington at 6:30 p.m. EDT June 24.
The Fund for Horses, a Texas-based group dedicated to the protection of the country's equine population, will have an informational table at Lone Star Park on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, Saturday, Oct. 30, as well as on the previous two days.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Long On Value's Late Run Lands Twilight Derby
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- Patient Cary Street Wins Las Vegas Marathon
- Moore: 'If it Rains, I hope it Rains Hard'
- 2013 Cup Generated $64.9M for Los Angeles
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- That Handicapping Show: Breeders' Cup Classic
- Ageless Getting Chance Over Downhill Course