E.K. Gaylord II's Wilkinson, who registered a stunning 44-1 upset in the American Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, came down with colic June 18 and has been ruled out of the Shoemaker Mile at Betfair Hollywood Park June 30.
In a carbon copy of last month's Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIT), Battle of Hastings dug in late to head Straight Story to win the $750,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) on the Colonial Downs turf July 18.
First-time American starter Ten Meropa was left at the gate but recovered with an impressive closing kick to post a surprise in the $110,050 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita hillside turf course March 2.
With Medaglia d'Oro's brilliant victory in the Donn Handicap (gr. I), it looks as if the next stop is Nad al Sheba Race Course and the juicy $6 million pot that awaits him in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I). But this won't be the colt's first trip to the desert.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap