Hussonet, sire of 30 grade I or group I winners and 20 champions, died from a stroke the morning of March 21 at Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia.
Japanese stallion Royal Ski, a U.S. grade I winner before heading overseas, died April 30 at age of 30.
Chimichurri broke alertly and made every pole a winner as she cruised to victory in the 27th running of the $110,400 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Raja Baba, who sired two Breeders' Cup winners and topped both the general and 2-year-old sire lists, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Carl Pollard's Hermitage Farm near Goshen, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces