Hussonet, sire of 30 grade I or group I winners and 20 champions, died from a stroke the morning of March 21 at Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia.
Japanese stallion Royal Ski, a U.S. grade I winner before heading overseas, died April 30 at age of 30.
Chimichurri broke alertly and made every pole a winner as she cruised to victory in the 27th running of the $110,400 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Raja Baba, who sired two Breeders' Cup winners and topped both the general and 2-year-old sire lists, was euthanized Oct. 9 at Carl Pollard's Hermitage Farm near Goshen, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel