Hastings Race Course in Vancouver, British Columbia, posted increases in on-track and all-source handle and purses for the 67-day meet that ended Oct. 14.
Several of the younger racetrack executives in the United States and overseas believe horse racing isn't going away any time soon--if the industry can adapt.
Lower pari-mutuel takeout rates can lead to more money for racetracks as well as bettors, according to a panel of experts gathered at the International Simulcast Conference Oct. 4 in Arizona.
Hastings Racecourse & Slots will offer a 71-day Thoroughbred meet in 2011 and increase purses double digits, officials said.
This year's BC Cup will runneth over with more than $400,000 in total purses as part of the 2006 stakes schedule at Hastings Racecourse.
Roscoe Pito confirmed his status as the Northwest's top 3-year-old male Monday by winning the $125,000 Emerald Downs Breeders' Cup Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail