Hastings Race Course in Vancouver, British Columbia, posted increases in on-track and all-source handle and purses for the 67-day meet that ended Oct. 14.
Several of the younger racetrack executives in the United States and overseas believe horse racing isn't going away any time soon--if the industry can adapt.
Lower pari-mutuel takeout rates can lead to more money for racetracks as well as bettors, according to a panel of experts gathered at the International Simulcast Conference Oct. 4 in Arizona.
Hastings Racecourse & Slots will offer a 71-day Thoroughbred meet in 2011 and increase purses double digits, officials said.
This year's BC Cup will runneth over with more than $400,000 in total purses as part of the 2006 stakes schedule at Hastings Racecourse.
Roscoe Pito confirmed his status as the Northwest's top 3-year-old male Monday by winning the $125,000 Emerald Downs Breeders' Cup Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Borel Named to Ride El Kabeir in KY Derby
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 19
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- KY Oaks Hopeful Shook Up Sharp in CD Workout
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut