Away from racing for 10 months with a stress fracture of the tibia, Strut the Stage has come back strongly in two starts. The talented Kentucky-bred will be difficult to beat in Saturday's $275,250 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
With Queen's Plate winner Niigon at Saratoga to contest the Jim Dandy (gr. II) on dirt, Sam-Son Farm's Silver Ticket and The Two Bit Racing Stable's A Bit O'Gold head a field of 11 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance