Daniel J. Lopez's Geeky Gorgeous, a winner of three stakes races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2013.
Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
Forty Tales and Declan's Warrior meet again after 1-2 finish in the Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 8.
New Jersey-bred Rainbow Heir controlled things from gate to wire as the 6-5 choice in the six-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Undefeated in four starts, the Wildcat Heir colt who has never trailed at any point of call.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win