Mongolian Saturday, whose affinity for the Keeneland turf course includes the 2015 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (G1T) and last year's Woodford Stakes (G3T), headlines the field of nine entered in the $200,000 Shakertown Stakes (G2T) at 5 1/2 furlongs.
Monmouth will also have a Stars and Stripes celebration and car show this weekend.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey has named New Farm homebred Rainbow Heir, a winner of two stakes races last year, the New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2014.
Churchill Downs, Del Mar, Louisiana Downs, Arlington Park, Finger Lakes, Gulfstream & More! view slideshow
New Farm's Rainbow Heir, who is being pointed to the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), blew away the opposition in the $57,000 New Jersey Breeders Handicap Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
State-bred runners will have their day Sept. 6 when Monmouth Park hosts the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival, which includes four $60,000 stakes.
Daniel J. Lopez's Geeky Gorgeous, a winner of three stakes races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2013.
Purple Egg will come off a five-month layoff to start in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing Sept. 21.
Forty Tales and Declan's Warrior meet again after 1-2 finish in the Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 8.
New Jersey-bred Rainbow Heir controlled things from gate to wire as the 6-5 choice in the six-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Undefeated in four starts, the Wildcat Heir colt who has never trailed at any point of call.
Speedster Whiskey Romeo, a three-time stakes winer of trainer Tony Dutrow, heads a field of seven 3-year-old sprinters in the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture