The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its six-race Thoroughbred card on the turf scheduled for the night of Saturday, Oct. 11 due to heavy rains across New Jersey the night before and into Saturday morning.
Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
The May 29 live racing program at Arlington Park was canceled following the second race when the jockeys chose not to ride.
The twelfth and final race at Calder was called off on Saturday due to heavy rain that fell during the day and continued to pummel the track into early evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement