The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its six-race Thoroughbred card on the turf scheduled for the night of Saturday, Oct. 11 due to heavy rains across New Jersey the night before and into Saturday morning.
Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
The May 29 live racing program at Arlington Park was canceled following the second race when the jockeys chose not to ride.
The twelfth and final race at Calder was called off on Saturday due to heavy rain that fell during the day and continued to pummel the track into early evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start