The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its six-race Thoroughbred card on the turf scheduled for the night of Saturday, Oct. 11 due to heavy rains across New Jersey the night before and into Saturday morning.
Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
The May 29 live racing program at Arlington Park was canceled following the second race when the jockeys chose not to ride.
The twelfth and final race at Calder was called off on Saturday due to heavy rain that fell during the day and continued to pummel the track into early evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out