The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its six-race Thoroughbred card on the turf scheduled for the night of Saturday, Oct. 11 due to heavy rains across New Jersey the night before and into Saturday morning.
Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
The May 29 live racing program at Arlington Park was canceled following the second race when the jockeys chose not to ride.
The twelfth and final race at Calder was called off on Saturday due to heavy rain that fell during the day and continued to pummel the track into early evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability