The Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled its six-race Thoroughbred card on the turf scheduled for the night of Saturday, Oct. 11 due to heavy rains across New Jersey the night before and into Saturday morning.
Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
The May 29 live racing program at Arlington Park was canceled following the second race when the jockeys chose not to ride.
The twelfth and final race at Calder was called off on Saturday due to heavy rain that fell during the day and continued to pummel the track into early evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares