Golden Eagle Farm's homebred Yearly Report seized the lead at the eighth pole and drew away for an easy four-length victory under jockey Jerry Bailey in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Patrick Valenzuela became the first jockey in 20 years to sweep all five major Southern California riding titles in the same year when he brought a maiden, 6-1 shot Hollywood Story, from behind to win the $349,500 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies. In typical P. Val fashion, he survived a stewards' inquiry to do it.
Owner Arnold Zetcher hopes to close out a memorable year with House of Fortune Sunday in the $355,500 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), a 1 1/16-mile test for 2-year-old fillies.
Trainer Bob Baffert guns for his third victory in six years in the $200,000-added Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Sunday with Victory U.S.A, the probable favorite in the test for 2-year-old fillies.
Unbeaten Lion Heart, the probable favorite for Saturday's $200,000-added Hollywood Futurity (gr. I), completed drills for the 1 1/16-mile test with a five-furlong work in :59 1/5 Sunday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana