Winning Cause, getting an ideal stalking trip from jockey Eddie Castro, staved off odds-on choice Big Blue Kitten to win the Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 24 on turf at Monmouth Park, halting a 10-race losing skid.
Whether Winning Cause is a good horse anywhere else is still to be tested, but he sure likes Keeneland's Polytrack.
Alto Racing's Winning Cause got up in the final strides of the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. III) April 20 at Keeneland, earning 20 points on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby