Kathleen Amaya and Raffaele Centofanti's three-time graded stakes-winning filly Rose to Gold is recovering from surgery for bone chips and will not resume racing until this September at the earliest.
Rose to Gold may bear the distinction of having the most modest sale price of any of filly in the starting gate for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), but you would never know it by looking at her race record.
Jockey Calvin Borel had nothing but praise for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rose to Gold after her four-furlong work at Churchill Downs April 26. The Friends Lake filly went the distance in :47 4/5.
Unlikely Rose to Gold stamped her ticket for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with another dominating performance at Oaklawn Park April 10, splashing her way to a front-running 4 1/2-length victory in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes.
Rose to Gold put away heavily favored Flashy Gray in the stretch for a gate-to-wire triumph under Calvin Borel in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 9 at Oaklawn Park.
Rose to Gold returned to dirt and remained unbeaten on it, taking the $500,000 Delta Princess Stakes (gr. III) by half a length Nov. 17 at Delta Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- El Kabeir the Colt to Beat in Gotham