Kathleen Amaya and Raffaele Centofanti's three-time graded stakes-winning filly Rose to Gold is recovering from surgery for bone chips and will not resume racing until this September at the earliest.
Rose to Gold may bear the distinction of having the most modest sale price of any of filly in the starting gate for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), but you would never know it by looking at her race record.
Jockey Calvin Borel had nothing but praise for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rose to Gold after her four-furlong work at Churchill Downs April 26. The Friends Lake filly went the distance in :47 4/5.
Unlikely Rose to Gold stamped her ticket for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with another dominating performance at Oaklawn Park April 10, splashing her way to a front-running 4 1/2-length victory in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes.
Rose to Gold put away heavily favored Flashy Gray in the stretch for a gate-to-wire triumph under Calvin Borel in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 9 at Oaklawn Park.
Rose to Gold returned to dirt and remained unbeaten on it, taking the $500,000 Delta Princess Stakes (gr. III) by half a length Nov. 17 at Delta Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection