Kathleen Amaya and Raffaele Centofanti's three-time graded stakes-winning filly Rose to Gold is recovering from surgery for bone chips and will not resume racing until this September at the earliest.
Rose to Gold may bear the distinction of having the most modest sale price of any of filly in the starting gate for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), but you would never know it by looking at her race record.
Jockey Calvin Borel had nothing but praise for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rose to Gold after her four-furlong work at Churchill Downs April 26. The Friends Lake filly went the distance in :47 4/5.
Unlikely Rose to Gold stamped her ticket for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with another dominating performance at Oaklawn Park April 10, splashing her way to a front-running 4 1/2-length victory in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes.
Rose to Gold put away heavily favored Flashy Gray in the stretch for a gate-to-wire triumph under Calvin Borel in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 9 at Oaklawn Park.
Rose to Gold returned to dirt and remained unbeaten on it, taking the $500,000 Delta Princess Stakes (gr. III) by half a length Nov. 17 at Delta Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing