Kathleen Amaya and Raffaele Centofanti's three-time graded stakes-winning filly Rose to Gold is recovering from surgery for bone chips and will not resume racing until this September at the earliest.
Rose to Gold may bear the distinction of having the most modest sale price of any of filly in the starting gate for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), but you would never know it by looking at her race record.
Jockey Calvin Borel had nothing but praise for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rose to Gold after her four-furlong work at Churchill Downs April 26. The Friends Lake filly went the distance in :47 4/5.
Unlikely Rose to Gold stamped her ticket for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with another dominating performance at Oaklawn Park April 10, splashing her way to a front-running 4 1/2-length victory in the $400,000 Fantasy Stakes.
Rose to Gold put away heavily favored Flashy Gray in the stretch for a gate-to-wire triumph under Calvin Borel in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 9 at Oaklawn Park.
Rose to Gold returned to dirt and remained unbeaten on it, taking the $500,000 Delta Princess Stakes (gr. III) by half a length Nov. 17 at Delta Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping