Trainer Bob Baffert looks to continue his strong run of recent success at Oaklawn Park when he saddles Bodemeister and Secret Circle, the morning line favorites for the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. I) April 14.
Four contenders for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) went through their final preparations for the 1 1/8-mile test that is one of the final preps for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Headed by champion Hansen and Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Prospective, there are 11 probable starters for the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Favored Raconteur, under a vigorous ride from Chris DeCarlo, registered his first stakes win for trainer Todd Pletcher when he nipped Hakama by a head in the $76,500 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park March 17.
Is Hansen worth trying to beat at short odds? read blog
With the exception of Eclipse Award winner Hansen, a large but rather unaccomplished field of 13 has lined up for the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Jason Shandler looks at Todd Pletcher's Derby hopefuls. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa