Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Racing To Win elevated himself to within sight of the summit with a history-making success in the Epsom Handicap (Aus-I) at Randwick on Oct 7. First prize for the heaviest-priced favorite in the 140-year history of the famous mile advanced his earnings to almost $3 million (Australian).
Bargains are relative, of course, but the Australian Easter yearling sale which starts April 18 gained a wonderful 'hook' on its eve when Racing to Win landed the $2 million (Australian funds) Doncaster Handicap (Aust-I) at nearby Randwick.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm