The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) and Breeders' Cup Limited announced Tuesday disbursements totaling $483,465 from the NTRA Charities – Racing to the Rescue Fund to provide financial relief to members of the horse racing and breeding community who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.
Racetracks and horsemen's organizations from around the United States will participate in the NTRA's "Racing to the Rescue Day" Oct. 8 to provide financial relief to members of the horseracing and breeding community who have been affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Organizations in the horse industry are forming a major fundraising effort Oct. 8 for victims of Hurricane Katrina to be called "Racing to the Rescue Day." The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships also plans to raise funds for the cause.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities