The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) and Breeders' Cup Limited announced Tuesday disbursements totaling $483,465 from the NTRA Charities – Racing to the Rescue Fund to provide financial relief to members of the horse racing and breeding community who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.
Racetracks and horsemen's organizations from around the United States will participate in the NTRA's "Racing to the Rescue Day" Oct. 8 to provide financial relief to members of the horseracing and breeding community who have been affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Organizations in the horse industry are forming a major fundraising effort Oct. 8 for victims of Hurricane Katrina to be called "Racing to the Rescue Day." The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships also plans to raise funds for the cause.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session