One thing we do know is the synthetic surface installed at Santa Anita has been a mess from the start and has seen more facelifts than Joan Rivers. Read Blog
Presque Isle Downs, the new Erie, Pa., track owned by MTR Gaming Group, will install Michael Dickinson's synthetic Tapeta racing surface before its inaugural Thoroughbred meet begins Sept. 1.
Jockey Rodney Prescott, who is second in wins in the nation this year, will begin riding at Ellis Park today after being banished July 16 from River Downs where he is currently the leading rider.
Live racing at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia remains up in the air as work continues to correct a reported drainage problem on a racing surface just replaced this summer.
Turfway Park, which has lost several million dollars in revenue in recent weeks because of multiple live racing cancellations, is "airing out" its racing surface in the hope the worst of the winter weather is a memory.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%