One thing we do know is the synthetic surface installed at Santa Anita has been a mess from the start and has seen more facelifts than Joan Rivers. Read Blog
Presque Isle Downs, the new Erie, Pa., track owned by MTR Gaming Group, will install Michael Dickinson's synthetic Tapeta racing surface before its inaugural Thoroughbred meet begins Sept. 1.
Jockey Rodney Prescott, who is second in wins in the nation this year, will begin riding at Ellis Park today after being banished July 16 from River Downs where he is currently the leading rider.
Live racing at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia remains up in the air as work continues to correct a reported drainage problem on a racing surface just replaced this summer.
Turfway Park, which has lost several million dollars in revenue in recent weeks because of multiple live racing cancellations, is "airing out" its racing surface in the hope the worst of the winter weather is a memory.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill