Longtime California racing official Dick Wheeler died Jan. 3 at his Monrovia, Calif., home. He was 69.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
- By Tom LaMarra
Chances are many more officials in the horse racing industry support uniform regulations a lot more than they support uniform penalties -- at least beyond a literal interpretation.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program is holding its first Conference on Officiating Horse Racing, during the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
Churchill Downs vice president and racing secretary Jerry Botts died on New Year's Day following a brief illness. Botts, 54, died early Tuesday afternoon at Norton Hospital in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro