Longtime California racing official Dick Wheeler died Jan. 3 at his Monrovia, Calif., home. He was 69.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
- By Tom LaMarra
Chances are many more officials in the horse racing industry support uniform regulations a lot more than they support uniform penalties -- at least beyond a literal interpretation.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program is holding its first Conference on Officiating Horse Racing, during the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
Churchill Downs vice president and racing secretary Jerry Botts died on New Year's Day following a brief illness. Botts, 54, died early Tuesday afternoon at Norton Hospital in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel