Longtime California racing official Dick Wheeler died Jan. 3 at his Monrovia, Calif., home. He was 69.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
- By Tom LaMarra
Chances are many more officials in the horse racing industry support uniform regulations a lot more than they support uniform penalties -- at least beyond a literal interpretation.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program is holding its first Conference on Officiating Horse Racing, during the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
Churchill Downs vice president and racing secretary Jerry Botts died on New Year's Day following a brief illness. Botts, 54, died early Tuesday afternoon at Norton Hospital in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale