Longtime California racing official Dick Wheeler died Jan. 3 at his Monrovia, Calif., home. He was 69.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
- By Tom LaMarra
Chances are many more officials in the horse racing industry support uniform regulations a lot more than they support uniform penalties -- at least beyond a literal interpretation.
The Racing Officials Accreditation Program is holding its first Conference on Officiating Horse Racing, during the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.
Churchill Downs vice president and racing secretary Jerry Botts died on New Year's Day following a brief illness. Botts, 54, died early Tuesday afternoon at Norton Hospital in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Sunny Ridge is New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby