Renowned equine orthopedic surgeon Dean W. Richardson, who led the team that treated Barbaro, will be the guest speaker at the National Museum of Racing's 2008 Hall of Fame induction ceremony Aug. 4 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Trainer Carl Nafzger and jockey Edgar Prado topped the list of 12 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in 2008 when the museum announced nominees Feb. 22. Notably missing from the list was California conditioner Bob Baffert, who has been eligible for election for the past two years.
Edward Hotaling, author of The Great Black Jockeys and They're Off! Horse Racing at Saratoga, has donated six newspapers from May 1847 to May 1878 to the National Museum of Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Argentina Produces Jump Start's 50th Stakes Winner
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board