Renowned equine orthopedic surgeon Dean W. Richardson, who led the team that treated Barbaro, will be the guest speaker at the National Museum of Racing's 2008 Hall of Fame induction ceremony Aug. 4 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Trainer Carl Nafzger and jockey Edgar Prado topped the list of 12 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in 2008 when the museum announced nominees Feb. 22. Notably missing from the list was California conditioner Bob Baffert, who has been eligible for election for the past two years.
Edward Hotaling, author of The Great Black Jockeys and They're Off! Horse Racing at Saratoga, has donated six newspapers from May 1847 to May 1878 to the National Museum of Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal