Renowned equine orthopedic surgeon Dean W. Richardson, who led the team that treated Barbaro, will be the guest speaker at the National Museum of Racing's 2008 Hall of Fame induction ceremony Aug. 4 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Trainer Carl Nafzger and jockey Edgar Prado topped the list of 12 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in 2008 when the museum announced nominees Feb. 22. Notably missing from the list was California conditioner Bob Baffert, who has been eligible for election for the past two years.
Edward Hotaling, author of The Great Black Jockeys and They're Off! Horse Racing at Saratoga, has donated six newspapers from May 1847 to May 1878 to the National Museum of Racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned