The head of the ARCI believes recommended changes to the multiple medication violator provision of the National Uniform Medication Program will help states that have not adopted the provision put it in place.
Racing really is running out of time to police itself. read blog
Alan Foreman responds to criticism that little progress has been made on medication reform.
The board of directors of the Jockeys' Guild has voted to adopt 10 policy statements concerning race day medications and safety concerns.
A congressional subcommittee was told Feb. 27 that while testing for drugs in horse racing isn't perfect, the current model is both effective and ever-improving.
The Racing Medication & Testing Consortium has completed a section of its website (www.rmtcnet.com) that enables licensed horsemen to look up guidelines for withdrawal times for approximately 75 therapeutic medications identified by the RMTC Veterinary Advisory Committee.
Dr. Scot Waterman,executive director of the Racing Medication Testing Consortium, was awarded the John K. Goodman Alumni Award from the University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program Thursday at The Symposium on Racing and Gaming being held this week near Tucson.
In addition to race-day security barns, a special security team is in full swing patrolling the Belmont Park barn area in the days leading up to the Oct. 29 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham