The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium urges racing authorities to adopt the out-of-competition testing and multiple medication violation rules approved by the Association of Racing Commissioners International Dec. 9 in Tucson, Ariz.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium (RMTC) announced Aug. 9 that Pennsylvania has become the 10th state to pass the National Uniform Medication Program (NUMP) in its entirety.
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will be held for the first time under reforms included in the National Uniform Medication Program.
The New York Gaming Commission, during a Jan. 21 public hearing, heard the pros and cons of having different medication rules for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racehorses.
- By Tom LaMarra
More than 50 racetracks and industry organizations have co-signed a letter to regulators urging them to adopt the uniform national model rules on medication and drug-testing reform.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies