The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium (RMTC) announced Aug. 9 that Pennsylvania has become the 10th state to pass the National Uniform Medication Program (NUMP) in its entirety.
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will be held for the first time under reforms included in the National Uniform Medication Program.
The New York Gaming Commission, during a Jan. 21 public hearing, heard the pros and cons of having different medication rules for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racehorses.
- By Tom LaMarra
More than 50 racetracks and industry organizations have co-signed a letter to regulators urging them to adopt the uniform national model rules on medication and drug-testing reform.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton