The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium urges racing authorities to adopt the out-of-competition testing and multiple medication violation rules approved by the Association of Racing Commissioners International Dec. 9 in Tucson, Ariz.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium (RMTC) announced Aug. 9 that Pennsylvania has become the 10th state to pass the National Uniform Medication Program (NUMP) in its entirety.
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will be held for the first time under reforms included in the National Uniform Medication Program.
The New York Gaming Commission, during a Jan. 21 public hearing, heard the pros and cons of having different medication rules for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racehorses.
- By Tom LaMarra
More than 50 racetracks and industry organizations have co-signed a letter to regulators urging them to adopt the uniform national model rules on medication and drug-testing reform.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup