Jim Gallagher, the new executive director of the Kentucky Racing Authority, said that tailoring state laws to "seamlessly fit with other jurisdictions" should be a goal of state regulators nationwide.
Issues surrounding ownership, medication, equine genomics and the globalization of racing will be spotlighted when The Jockey Club's 50th annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing convenes at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., on Aug. 18.
- By Tom LaMarra
The second round of "super-test" results from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force should be released early in January, said Jim Gallagher, executive director of the task force.
Following is an executive summary of the Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force's report presented at The Jockey Club Round Table on Sunday, August 19, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well