Jim Gallagher, the new executive director of the Kentucky Racing Authority, said that tailoring state laws to "seamlessly fit with other jurisdictions" should be a goal of state regulators nationwide.
Issues surrounding ownership, medication, equine genomics and the globalization of racing will be spotlighted when The Jockey Club's 50th annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing convenes at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., on Aug. 18.
- By Tom LaMarra
The second round of "super-test" results from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force should be released early in January, said Jim Gallagher, executive director of the task force.
Following is an executive summary of the Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force's report presented at The Jockey Club Round Table on Sunday, August 19, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar