Jim Gallagher, the new executive director of the Kentucky Racing Authority, said that tailoring state laws to "seamlessly fit with other jurisdictions" should be a goal of state regulators nationwide.
Issues surrounding ownership, medication, equine genomics and the globalization of racing will be spotlighted when The Jockey Club's 50th annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing convenes at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., on Aug. 18.
- By Tom LaMarra
The second round of "super-test" results from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force should be released early in January, said Jim Gallagher, executive director of the task force.
Following is an executive summary of the Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force's report presented at The Jockey Club Round Table on Sunday, August 19, in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season