The Horse Racing Channel, one of Britain's two new planned dedicated horseracing television channels, has dropped the idea of charging subscribers a monthly fee, at least initially, and intends to launch as a free-to-air service, maybe by the end of the month.
The longest running of the two British horseracing television channels, the Racing Channel, closed Jan. 31 after more than seven years on the air.
The new free British racing television channel, run by the "attheraces" consortium, will launch on time May 1 with 14 hours of broadcasting a day from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay