Heavy rains and lightning in the New Orleans area Dec. 22 caused a lengthy delay before the running of the third race at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots and resulted in the remaining six races being been canceled.
Due to the effects of the winter storm, The New York Racing Association has canceled live racing at Aqueduct Racetrack on Sunday, Dec. 15.
Thunderstorms in New Kent, Va. June 26 caused a power outage at Colonial Downs, forcing the track to cancel its live racing schedule.
Mountaineer Park has cancelled live racing on Monday, Jan. 1, and Tuesday, Jan. 2, with racing scheduled to resume at the Chester, W. Va., track on Jan. 13. Rose Mary Williams, the track's director of racing, said Sunday the decision to cancel was based on forecasts for a winter storm which passed through the Northeast on Saturday. However, a report on the Equibase web site on Friday said that racing was cancelled due to a "dispute" between the local Horsmen's Benevolent and Protective Association and management.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park