Trainer Mike Maker, who has won five Claiming Crown races in the past three years, brings a pair of strong contenders into this year's main events July 24 in Inca King and Headache.
Second in last year's Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows, Shadowbdancing was not to be denied in this year's $300,000 renewal, scoring the biggest win of his career by one length June 26.
After nine consecutive races on turf Fred Bradley's Brass Hat will return to dirt as one of the horses to beat in the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) on June 26.
Gone Astray will make his season debut March 6 in the $150,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park and face a good field that includes 8-year-old Jonesboro, who won the 1 1/16-mile event back in 2008.
Front-running Racing Bran, thanks to a heady ride from Chris Emigh, ran away from odds-on choice Win Willy and the rest of the field in the $100,000 Essex Handicap at Oaklawn Park Feb. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby