Two advance deposit wagering companies operating through the hub system in Oregon recently had their annual license renewals tabled by the state's racing commission, but will be able to rectify the situation at an upcoming July 17 meeting.
Advance deposit wagering through the Oregon hub system grew nearly 3% in the first quarter of 2008 despite an overall decline in national betting numbers in North America.
Just as the door closes on International Racing Group's operating presence in Oregon, the state is prepared to welcome two new players to the advance deposit wagering scene.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap