MTR Gaming announced it has completed its aquisition of Scioto Downs, a Standardbred track in Columbus, Ohio.
The owner of Beulah Park in Grove City, Ohio, said he is surprised at the bid made for the purchase of neighboring Scioto Downs.
In what seems to be a mini-trend in Standardbred racing, a group of horsemen will purchase Vernon Downs in upstate New York for more than $9 million pending approval by the racetrack's shareholders and the New York State Racing and Wagering Board. The deal has been approved by the board of directors, track president Justice Cheney said.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining