MTR Gaming announced it has completed its aquisition of Scioto Downs, a Standardbred track in Columbus, Ohio.
The owner of Beulah Park in Grove City, Ohio, said he is surprised at the bid made for the purchase of neighboring Scioto Downs.
In what seems to be a mini-trend in Standardbred racing, a group of horsemen will purchase Vernon Downs in upstate New York for more than $9 million pending approval by the racetrack's shareholders and the New York State Racing and Wagering Board. The deal has been approved by the board of directors, track president Justice Cheney said.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice