Penn National Gaming Inc. confirmed Jan. 21 there is a possibility it may attempt to relocate one or both of its Ohio racetracks to avoid competition with full-scale casinos the company is building nearby.
- By Gary West
Despite competition for wagering dollars and horses, the Texas Racing Commission granted three Class II racetrack licenses--one of them conditionally--at its March 20 meeting.
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission will meet Aug. 24 to map out a timeline for approval of the state's final Thoroughbred racetrack license. But whoever gets the license isn't guaranteed a slot machine license, which has narrowed the field of applicants.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again