CandyLand Farm's Herb and Ellen Moelis have raised millions for retired racehorses. Download Now
In the wake of a New York Times article and an NBC Nightly News segment focused on injuries to I'll Have Another and the medications used to treat the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, Dr. Larry Bramlage issues a response.
Thoroughbred racehorses require some basic care -- food, water, a clean environment, regular exercise, and veterinary care. read blog
In this free special report The Blood-Horse examines racing's attempt to tackle the unwanted horse issue; looks at what happens to racehorses in other countries; and offers some commentaries from industry players. Get Report
Barry Irwin, who heads Team Valor International, is changing his strategy for acquiring horses for the racing partnerships his company puts together. And that could be good news for yearling sale consignors.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle