Reiley McDonald scales down Eaton Sales to focus on hands-on horsemanship.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains how vital signs are used to monitor racehorses during and after training.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes some common shoeing techniques for racehorses.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains why some racehorses wear tongue ties and why this equipment is important.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes a typical racehorse feeding regimen.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes some of the bandaging techniques used on horses during races.
Dr. Scott Palmer discusses how horses and trainers deal with dirt being kicked in racehorses eyes during races.
CandyLand Farm's Herb and Ellen Moelis have raised millions for retired racehorses. Download Now
In the wake of a New York Times article and an NBC Nightly News segment focused on injuries to I'll Have Another and the medications used to treat the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, Dr. Larry Bramlage issues a response.
Thoroughbred racehorses require some basic care -- food, water, a clean environment, regular exercise, and veterinary care. read blog
In this free special report The Blood-Horse examines racing's attempt to tackle the unwanted horse issue; looks at what happens to racehorses in other countries; and offers some commentaries from industry players. Get Report
Barry Irwin, who heads Team Valor International, is changing his strategy for acquiring horses for the racing partnerships his company puts together. And that could be good news for yearling sale consignors.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set