Reiley McDonald scales down Eaton Sales to focus on hands-on horsemanship.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains how vital signs are used to monitor racehorses during and after training.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes some common shoeing techniques for racehorses.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains why some racehorses wear tongue ties and why this equipment is important.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes a typical racehorse feeding regimen.
Dr. Scott Palmer describes some of the bandaging techniques used on horses during races.
Dr. Scott Palmer discusses how horses and trainers deal with dirt being kicked in racehorses eyes during races.
CandyLand Farm's Herb and Ellen Moelis have raised millions for retired racehorses. Download Now
In the wake of a New York Times article and an NBC Nightly News segment focused on injuries to I'll Have Another and the medications used to treat the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, Dr. Larry Bramlage issues a response.
Thoroughbred racehorses require some basic care -- food, water, a clean environment, regular exercise, and veterinary care. read blog
In this free special report The Blood-Horse examines racing's attempt to tackle the unwanted horse issue; looks at what happens to racehorses in other countries; and offers some commentaries from industry players. Get Report
Barry Irwin, who heads Team Valor International, is changing his strategy for acquiring horses for the racing partnerships his company puts together. And that could be good news for yearling sale consignors.
Most Popular Stories
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic