CandyLand Farm's Herb and Ellen Moelis have raised millions for retired racehorses. Download Now
In the wake of a New York Times article and an NBC Nightly News segment focused on injuries to I'll Have Another and the medications used to treat the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, Dr. Larry Bramlage issues a response.
Thoroughbred racehorses require some basic care -- food, water, a clean environment, regular exercise, and veterinary care. read blog
In this free special report The Blood-Horse examines racing's attempt to tackle the unwanted horse issue; looks at what happens to racehorses in other countries; and offers some commentaries from industry players. Get Report
Barry Irwin, who heads Team Valor International, is changing his strategy for acquiring horses for the racing partnerships his company puts together. And that could be good news for yearling sale consignors.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru