Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
European racing continued to honor the stars of 2005, as the second and third major award ceremonies of the year, following on from last month's Cartier Racing Awards, took place in London, England.
Julian Richmond-Watson, the Jockey Club's Senior Steward, used his position as Guest of Honor at the Thoroughbred Breeders‚' Association's Annual Awards Dinner at London's Churchill Hotel Tuesday to outline his worries over the future administration of racing in Britain.
Talk of strikes and boycotts by owners and jockeys in Great Britain over separate issues actually materialized the week of Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly