Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
European racing continued to honor the stars of 2005, as the second and third major award ceremonies of the year, following on from last month's Cartier Racing Awards, took place in London, England.
Julian Richmond-Watson, the Jockey Club's Senior Steward, used his position as Guest of Honor at the Thoroughbred Breeders‚' Association's Annual Awards Dinner at London's Churchill Hotel Tuesday to outline his worries over the future administration of racing in Britain.
Talk of strikes and boycotts by owners and jockeys in Great Britain over separate issues actually materialized the week of Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies