Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
European racing continued to honor the stars of 2005, as the second and third major award ceremonies of the year, following on from last month's Cartier Racing Awards, took place in London, England.
Julian Richmond-Watson, the Jockey Club's Senior Steward, used his position as Guest of Honor at the Thoroughbred Breeders‚' Association's Annual Awards Dinner at London's Churchill Hotel Tuesday to outline his worries over the future administration of racing in Britain.
Talk of strikes and boycotts by owners and jockeys in Great Britain over separate issues actually materialized the week of Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next