New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program June 22 said Fasig-Tipton has donated $100,000 to sponsor the outdoor arena at its new racehorse retraining and re-homing facility at historic Mereworth Farm in Central Kentucky.
Millionaire grade I winner Kiri's Clown, a resident of Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility, was euthanized Dec. 22 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington due to complications following colic surgery.
New York government would involve itself in the inspection and accreditation of facilities for retired racehorses, but one legislator believes the industry should devise such a program and decide how it would be funded.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, made up of industry organizations and individuals, has released a preliminary code of standards for aftercare organizations and is accepting comments on the document through April 2.
The Thoroughbred industry is making substantial strides in the area of racehorse aftercare programs -- some very public and others behind the scenes.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement