New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program June 22 said Fasig-Tipton has donated $100,000 to sponsor the outdoor arena at its new racehorse retraining and re-homing facility at historic Mereworth Farm in Central Kentucky.
Millionaire grade I winner Kiri's Clown, a resident of Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility, was euthanized Dec. 22 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington due to complications following colic surgery.
New York government would involve itself in the inspection and accreditation of facilities for retired racehorses, but one legislator believes the industry should devise such a program and decide how it would be funded.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, made up of industry organizations and individuals, has released a preliminary code of standards for aftercare organizations and is accepting comments on the document through April 2.
The Thoroughbred industry is making substantial strides in the area of racehorse aftercare programs -- some very public and others behind the scenes.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move