More than $110,000 was pledged by Thoroughbred owners and trainers during New Vocations' annual Breeders' Cup Pledge fund-raiser.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
New Vocations racehorse adoption program reported the placement of more than 330 retired racehorses into new homes and careers during 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome