More than $110,000 was pledged by Thoroughbred owners and trainers during New Vocations' annual Breeders' Cup Pledge fund-raiser.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
New Vocations racehorse adoption program reported the placement of more than 330 retired racehorses into new homes and careers during 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes