More than $110,000 was pledged by Thoroughbred owners and trainers during New Vocations' annual Breeders' Cup Pledge fund-raiser.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
New Vocations racehorse adoption program reported the placement of more than 330 retired racehorses into new homes and careers during 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen