More than $110,000 was pledged by Thoroughbred owners and trainers during New Vocations' annual Breeders' Cup Pledge fund-raiser.
The Turfway Aftercare Program has written its first checks, sending funds to four racehorse adoption groups in April and May. The program was developed last year to assist groups that accept retiring racehorses.
New Vocations racehorse adoption program reported the placement of more than 330 retired racehorses into new homes and careers during 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale