Every step in the development of successful racehorses is important, but few are as crucial as the education they receive during breaking and early training. Download Now
Trainers, owners, bloodstock agents and other Thoroughbred industry experts offered insights into ownership and training.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains why some racehorses wear tongue ties and why this equipment is important. watch video
Dr. Scott Palmer discusses how horses and trainers deal with dirt being kicked in racehorses eyes during races. watch video
Panelists will discuss steps from weaning to pre-race training Jan. 5 at Keeneland.
American Horse Council president James J. Hickey Jr. briefed attorneys May 1 on legislative actions in Congress during the 23rd National Conference on Equine Law, but he also handicapped the immediate passage chances of a couple of them as remote.
Members of the racing industry in Texas are showing strong support for LOPE Texas, a non-profit racehorse-placement program, the organization reported in a Nov. 15 press release.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created a Racehorse Adoption Referral Program to help with Thoroughbred adoptions and retirements.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame