Every step in the development of successful racehorses is important, but few are as crucial as the education they receive during breaking and early training. Download Now
Trainers, owners, bloodstock agents and other Thoroughbred industry experts offered insights into ownership and training.
Dr. Scott Palmer explains why some racehorses wear tongue ties and why this equipment is important. watch video
Dr. Scott Palmer discusses how horses and trainers deal with dirt being kicked in racehorses eyes during races. watch video
Panelists will discuss steps from weaning to pre-race training Jan. 5 at Keeneland.
American Horse Council president James J. Hickey Jr. briefed attorneys May 1 on legislative actions in Congress during the 23rd National Conference on Equine Law, but he also handicapped the immediate passage chances of a couple of them as remote.
Members of the racing industry in Texas are showing strong support for LOPE Texas, a non-profit racehorse-placement program, the organization reported in a Nov. 15 press release.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has created a Racehorse Adoption Referral Program to help with Thoroughbred adoptions and retirements.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa