An agenda for the Jan. 15 New Jersey Racing Commission meeting lists the following item for discussion and information: a shutdown of four Atlantic City casino race books.
A Senate committee in New Jersey moved legislation June 20 that would allow the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to jointly operate Monmouth Park and Meadowlands pending licensing of lessees.
The Caliente Group, which operates Agua Caliente in Mexico and is a major race and sports book operator, will be sharing information on betting activities with the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau.
A top casino official from Las Vegas believes pari-mutuel wagering has its place in casinos, but he believes that position could be jeopardized if the rates charged for signals make simulcasts cost-prohibitive.
Broad gaming and pari-mutuel legislation that passed the Nevada Senate and Assembly allows for an expansion of account wagering in the state.
Fusaichi Pegasus was the first favorite to win the Kentucky Derby in more than 20 years when he did so last year. Can Point Given follow in his footsteps as this year's likely Derby chalk?
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely