An agenda for the Jan. 15 New Jersey Racing Commission meeting lists the following item for discussion and information: a shutdown of four Atlantic City casino race books.
A Senate committee in New Jersey moved legislation June 20 that would allow the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to jointly operate Monmouth Park and Meadowlands pending licensing of lessees.
The Caliente Group, which operates Agua Caliente in Mexico and is a major race and sports book operator, will be sharing information on betting activities with the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau.
A top casino official from Las Vegas believes pari-mutuel wagering has its place in casinos, but he believes that position could be jeopardized if the rates charged for signals make simulcasts cost-prohibitive.
Broad gaming and pari-mutuel legislation that passed the Nevada Senate and Assembly allows for an expansion of account wagering in the state.
Fusaichi Pegasus was the first favorite to win the Kentucky Derby in more than 20 years when he did so last year. Can Point Given follow in his footsteps as this year's likely Derby chalk?
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff