An agenda for the Jan. 15 New Jersey Racing Commission meeting lists the following item for discussion and information: a shutdown of four Atlantic City casino race books.
A Senate committee in New Jersey moved legislation June 20 that would allow the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to jointly operate Monmouth Park and Meadowlands pending licensing of lessees.
The Caliente Group, which operates Agua Caliente in Mexico and is a major race and sports book operator, will be sharing information on betting activities with the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau.
A top casino official from Las Vegas believes pari-mutuel wagering has its place in casinos, but he believes that position could be jeopardized if the rates charged for signals make simulcasts cost-prohibitive.
Broad gaming and pari-mutuel legislation that passed the Nevada Senate and Assembly allows for an expansion of account wagering in the state.
Fusaichi Pegasus was the first favorite to win the Kentucky Derby in more than 20 years when he did so last year. Can Point Given follow in his footsteps as this year's likely Derby chalk?
Most Popular Stories
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict