Atlanta businessman and philanthropist J. Mack Robinson, a prominent Thoroughbred owner and breeder, has died at age 90. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Robinson died Feb. 7.
Cherokee Artist posted the first stakes win of his career in fine style when he captured the $249,500 Presque Isle Mile on the evening of Sept. 13 in Erie, Pa.
The final results of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington were sobering, with setbacks of 53.4% in gross revenue, 48% in average price, and 44.1% in median price from a year ago. But they weren't anything new to the people who market Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth