Atlanta businessman and philanthropist J. Mack Robinson, a prominent Thoroughbred owner and breeder, has died at age 90. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Robinson died Feb. 7.
Cherokee Artist posted the first stakes win of his career in fine style when he captured the $249,500 Presque Isle Mile on the evening of Sept. 13 in Erie, Pa.
The final results of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington were sobering, with setbacks of 53.4% in gross revenue, 48% in average price, and 44.1% in median price from a year ago. But they weren't anything new to the people who market Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout