General Quarters, a grade I winner who gave his septuagenarian owner Tom McCarthy the thrill of a lifetime when contesting the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
Jockey Calvin Borel gave Silverinyourpocket one of his patented rail-skimming rides to upset the La Troienne (gr. II) on the Kentucky Derby undercard at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Wild and Wicked, a grade II winner in his third start and winner over Saint Liam, will enter stud at Mr. and Mrs. R. David Randal's Fallbrook Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Next week's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) lost a possible contender on Saturday when trainer Ken McPeek confirmed that R. David Randal's unbeaten Wild and Wicked would not ship to Belmont Park for the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short