The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has issued a 60-day suspension to trainer Kirk Ziadie, citing a case in which one of his horses tested positive for a race-day banned tranquilizer after a 2007 race at Gulfstream Park.
Cape Royale led all the way to win the $150,000 Darley Ocala Breeders' Sale Championship for 3-year-old colts and geldings by 1 1/4 lengths Feb. 16. The race was the richest of five stakes held at the Ocala Training Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days