Pohave, winner of the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on May 8, is the 116-pound top weight among 14 entered in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at seven furlongs.
Fans will be treated to a dazzling display of speed Saturday at Bay Meadows when the very quick geldings Giovannetti and Hombre Rapido hook up in the $125,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. III).
Onebigbag, making his first start for trainer John F. Martin and owner Robert D. Bone, won the $67,512 Saratoga Handicap at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Eight-time stakes winner Taiaslew is the 123-pound highweight in a field of nine entered for the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at six furlongs March 13 at Turf Paradise in Arizona.
The Eric Kruljac-trained Grimm will be going for his fifth straight win in the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Saturday at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont