Pohave, winner of the $150,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on May 8, is the 116-pound top weight among 14 entered in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at seven furlongs.
Fans will be treated to a dazzling display of speed Saturday at Bay Meadows when the very quick geldings Giovannetti and Hombre Rapido hook up in the $125,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. III).
Onebigbag, making his first start for trainer John F. Martin and owner Robert D. Bone, won the $67,512 Saratoga Handicap at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Mitchell Ranch's Argentine-bred Iron Halo pulled away from favored Taiaslew in the stretch for his first win the United States, a 2 1/4-length upset victory in Saturday's $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for sprinters at Turf Paradise.
Eight-time stakes winner Taiaslew is the 123-pound highweight in a field of nine entered for the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at six furlongs March 13 at Turf Paradise in Arizona.
The Eric Kruljac-trained Grimm will be going for his fifth straight win in the $100,000 Phoenix Gold Cup Saturday at Turf Paradise.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount