Betting favorite Lucky Copy took a commanding six-length lead into the stretch, but could not find the wire in time during a desperate final sixteenth of a mile, as Closeout rallied from way back under Jamie Theriot to claim the $200,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a half-length Sept. 6 on the Arlington Park grass.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Travers Stakes: Bayern Gets a Bath
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?