Stall Hornoldendorf's Lucky Speed asserted himself nearing the finish line in the Sparda Deutsches Derby (Ger-I), or German Derby, and delivered trainer Peter Schiergen a fourth win in the classic July 7 at Hamburg.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Several promising maiden winners on turf including Cerro, Noble Tune, and Quinzieme Monarque will challenge New York-bred stakes winner West Hills Giant in the Pilgrim Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?