Stall Hornoldendorf's Lucky Speed asserted himself nearing the finish line in the Sparda Deutsches Derby (Ger-I), or German Derby, and delivered trainer Peter Schiergen a fourth win in the classic July 7 at Hamburg.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Several promising maiden winners on turf including Cerro, Noble Tune, and Quinzieme Monarque will challenge New York-bred stakes winner West Hills Giant in the Pilgrim Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment