Quiet Cash, a three-time stakes winner at Hastings Racecourse, sired his first winner when his son Cash Land scored at Hastings July 25 in his initial start.
Southern California shipper Papi Chullo and local favorite Flamethrowintexan share top billing in Sunday's Longacres Mile (gr. III), which has attracted a full field of 12 runners to Emerald Downs.
Herman Sarkowsky's homebred No Giveaway, under an excellently-timed ride from Juan Gutierrez, reached the wire just in time to register a 60-1 upset in the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Sunday.
A field of 11 horses have been entered for the 70th running of the 2005 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Sunday, with returning champion and early morning line favorite (5-2) Adreamisborn breaking from post seven.
Trainer Bob Baffert entered Quiet Cash in the $362,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) Saturday but admitted the colt has a long way to go to emulate his sire, Real Quiet, who gave Baffert his first Futurity victory in 1997.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan