Quiet Cash, a three-time stakes winner at Hastings Racecourse, sired his first winner when his son Cash Land scored at Hastings July 25 in his initial start.
Southern California shipper Papi Chullo and local favorite Flamethrowintexan share top billing in Sunday's Longacres Mile (gr. III), which has attracted a full field of 12 runners to Emerald Downs.
Herman Sarkowsky's homebred No Giveaway, under an excellently-timed ride from Juan Gutierrez, reached the wire just in time to register a 60-1 upset in the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Sunday.
A field of 11 horses have been entered for the 70th running of the 2005 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Sunday, with returning champion and early morning line favorite (5-2) Adreamisborn breaking from post seven.
Trainer Bob Baffert entered Quiet Cash in the $362,000 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) Saturday but admitted the colt has a long way to go to emulate his sire, Real Quiet, who gave Baffert his first Futurity victory in 1997.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet