Owner/breeder Karen N. Woods announced the retirement of 2008 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf winner Maram May 5.
Quest for Fame, an Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner and prominent Australian sire, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Australia.
Eight horses have come forward at the second entry stage for this year's Â£1.25 million Investec Derby (Eng-I), highlight of the Investec Derby Festival at June 5.
Aryenne, a European classic winner/producer, died in England July 9, two days after the death of Juddmonte Farms' stallion Rainbow Quest in England.
Quest for Fame son De Beers sprang an April Fool surprise at 16-1 in the second leg of Australia's Triple Crown, the Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I).
Frankie Dettori guided Kentucky-bred Shot To Fame to a head victory over pacesetter Gateman in the Michael Page International Silver Trophy Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot Saturday.
The Premier yearling sale in New Zealand has posted very strong numbers for the first two days of the three-day auction, the gross already surpassing the entire sale of 2003.
American-bred High Praise, a disappointing 12th in the Vodafone Oaks, returned Sunday with a resilient victory for jockey Richard Hills in the 1 1/2-mile Prix de Malleret (Fr-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive