Jiggs Coz stamped himself as a legitimate Queen's Plate contender in his 3-year-old debut with an authoritative score in Saturday's $151,200 Queenston Stakes for Canadian-breds at Woodbine.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Four years after watching Woodcarver win the 1999 Queenston Stakes, Trainer Mike Keogh and owner Gustav Schickedanz were in familiar territory on Saturday, as Mobil captured the 2003 edition of the $160,500 race at Woodbine.
Mobil, the Queen's Plate Winterbook third choice, makes his 2003 debut in the $150,000-added Queenston Stakes, Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Art Exhibit and Sale at Santa Anita Park
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby