Jiggs Coz stamped himself as a legitimate Queen's Plate contender in his 3-year-old debut with an authoritative score in Saturday's $151,200 Queenston Stakes for Canadian-breds at Woodbine.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Four years after watching Woodcarver win the 1999 Queenston Stakes, Trainer Mike Keogh and owner Gustav Schickedanz were in familiar territory on Saturday, as Mobil captured the 2003 edition of the $160,500 race at Woodbine.
Mobil, the Queen's Plate Winterbook third choice, makes his 2003 debut in the $150,000-added Queenston Stakes, Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment