Jiggs Coz stamped himself as a legitimate Queen's Plate contender in his 3-year-old debut with an authoritative score in Saturday's $151,200 Queenston Stakes for Canadian-breds at Woodbine.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Four years after watching Woodcarver win the 1999 Queenston Stakes, Trainer Mike Keogh and owner Gustav Schickedanz were in familiar territory on Saturday, as Mobil captured the 2003 edition of the $160,500 race at Woodbine.
Mobil, the Queen's Plate Winterbook third choice, makes his 2003 debut in the $150,000-added Queenston Stakes, Saturday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid
- PDJF to Benefit From 'Fillies & Lillies'