Jockey Kieren Fallon won his second straight Budweiser Irish Derby, riding 9-2 favorite Dylan Thomas to a 3 1/2 -length victory at the Curragh Sunday.
Three-year-old Queen's Logic, who won all five of her races, has been retired after contracting a virus
Queen's Logic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) future book favorite, may not run in Sunday's race at Newmarket after she was found lame Saturday.
When the Cartier Awards were handed out in London Wednesday night, the big winners were Coolmore Stud, Godolphin Racing, and the Magniers.
Breeders' Cup Turf winner Fantastic Light was honored Wednesday night with the Cartier "Horse of the Year" award during a ceremony at London's Four Seasons Hotel. Fantastic Light was also honored with the Older Horse Award, beating out his Godolphin stablemate Sakhee, runner-up in the Breeders Cup Classic.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis