Jockey Kieren Fallon won his second straight Budweiser Irish Derby, riding 9-2 favorite Dylan Thomas to a 3 1/2 -length victory at the Curragh Sunday.
Three-year-old Queen's Logic, who won all five of her races, has been retired after contracting a virus
Queen's Logic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) future book favorite, may not run in Sunday's race at Newmarket after she was found lame Saturday.
When the Cartier Awards were handed out in London Wednesday night, the big winners were Coolmore Stud, Godolphin Racing, and the Magniers.
Breeders' Cup Turf winner Fantastic Light was honored Wednesday night with the Cartier "Horse of the Year" award during a ceremony at London's Four Seasons Hotel. Fantastic Light was also honored with the Older Horse Award, beating out his Godolphin stablemate Sakhee, runner-up in the Breeders Cup Classic.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day