Jockey Kieren Fallon won his second straight Budweiser Irish Derby, riding 9-2 favorite Dylan Thomas to a 3 1/2 -length victory at the Curragh Sunday.
Three-year-old Queen's Logic, who won all five of her races, has been retired after contracting a virus
Queen's Logic, the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) future book favorite, may not run in Sunday's race at Newmarket after she was found lame Saturday.
When the Cartier Awards were handed out in London Wednesday night, the big winners were Coolmore Stud, Godolphin Racing, and the Magniers.
Breeders' Cup Turf winner Fantastic Light was honored Wednesday night with the Cartier "Horse of the Year" award during a ceremony at London's Four Seasons Hotel. Fantastic Light was also honored with the Older Horse Award, beating out his Godolphin stablemate Sakhee, runner-up in the Breeders Cup Classic.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Average of 16 Million Viewed KY Derby on NBC
- Solid Gains in Economic Indicators for April
- Former NBA Chief to Speak at Conference
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol