Five-year-old mare faces nine opponents in seven-furlong dash at Arlington Park
While Groupie Doll returned from a layup with a passable third in the Gardenia Stakes (gr. III) at Ellis Park, she'll have little margin for error in the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 9.
Bret Calhoun-trained filly Cozze Up Lady notched her first stakes victory when coming from off the pace to win the June 29 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) by three-quarters of a length at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules