Not deterred by Azeri's four straight Grade I victories, five fillies and mares will test her mettle Sunday in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar. The race will be run at 1 1/16 miles on the main track.
Despite the near-certain presence of Azeri, perhaps the finest dirt-running filly or mare in the nation, a field of six is likely for Sunday's $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on
the main track.
The late John Mabee's Golden Eagle Farm colors were prominent during the opening week at Hollywood Park
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Blue Moon finally found racing room in the final yards and ran down Queen of Wilshire for a neck victory Monday in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale