Not deterred by Azeri's four straight Grade I victories, five fillies and mares will test her mettle Sunday in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar. The race will be run at 1 1/16 miles on the main track.
Despite the near-certain presence of Azeri, perhaps the finest dirt-running filly or mare in the nation, a field of six is likely for Sunday's $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on
the main track.
The late John Mabee's Golden Eagle Farm colors were prominent during the opening week at Hollywood Park
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Blue Moon finally found racing room in the final yards and ran down Queen of Wilshire for a neck victory Monday in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives