Longines will enter the in-race horse tracking business Saturday, April 11, when its technology is used for the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aus-I) day of racing.
It's a Dundeel collared pacesetter Carlton House less than 200 meters out but had to dig in late to repel rapidly closing Sacred Falls to win the AUS$4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aus-I) April 19 at Royal Randwick.
With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
Animal Kingdom is an international hero. read blog
Watch out Breeders' Cup; O'Brien is loaded this year. Read Blog
Ageless warrior Desert War led the charge for the Gai Waterhouse barn as the trainer won three group I events on the final day of the four-day Randwick Fall Carnival.
- By Peter Tonkes
Godolphin won its first Australian race at Flemington on Nov. 10 as Hatha Anna narrowly defeated the local stayers in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aust-II) over 2,500 meters. The initial success came after Godolphin had for the second time supplied the runner-up in the Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) when Give the Slip was run down by Ethereal.
Kutub and Hatha Anna gave Godolphin two stakes wins Saturday, with the former winning the New Zealand Bloodstock Singapore Gold Cup in Singapore and the latter annexing the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Aus-II) at Flemington in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile