Song, an unraced Irish-bred 3-year-old Sadler's Wells mare and a full sister to two group I winners, was bought for 1,700,000 guineas (US $2.96 million) by Badgers Bloodstock during the Dec. 1 second session of the Tattersalls December mares sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
Mrs. J. S. Bolger's Margarula, an Irish-bred daughter of Douyon sent off at 33-1 odds, produced strong late run to defeat odds-on favorite Quarter Moon in Sunday's Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Quarter Moon battled to the lead in the final furlong to win Sunday's Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill