Song, an unraced Irish-bred 3-year-old Sadler's Wells mare and a full sister to two group I winners, was bought for 1,700,000 guineas (US $2.96 million) by Badgers Bloodstock during the Dec. 1 second session of the Tattersalls December mares sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
Mrs. J. S. Bolger's Margarula, an Irish-bred daughter of Douyon sent off at 33-1 odds, produced strong late run to defeat odds-on favorite Quarter Moon in Sunday's Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Quarter Moon battled to the lead in the final furlong to win Sunday's Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars