Tattersalls October Yearling Sale Book 1 continued in robust fashion Wednesday, Oct. 7 with four lots topping the 1 million guineas ($1,606,500) mark.
Diamondsandrubies won the Sea The Stars Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) in a front-running tour de force that saw her hold off favorite Legatissimo by a short head June 28 at the Curragh.
Song, an unraced Irish-bred 3-year-old Sadler's Wells mare and a full sister to two group I winners, was bought for 1,700,000 guineas (US $2.96 million) by Badgers Bloodstock during the Dec. 1 second session of the Tattersalls December mares sale at the Newmarket, England sales company's Park Paddocks.
Mrs. J. S. Bolger's Margarula, an Irish-bred daughter of Douyon sent off at 33-1 odds, produced strong late run to defeat odds-on favorite Quarter Moon in Sunday's Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh.
Quarter Moon battled to the lead in the final furlong to win Sunday's Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation