Foxwoods Champagne Stakes (gr. I) winner Havana, 9-5 program favorite for the $200,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park March 1, was scratched the morning of the race due to a quarter crack in his right front foot,
Ron the Greek has developed a quarter crack in his right front hoof and will miss the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Jimmy Jerkens expressed optimism on the afternoon of April 24 that Quality Road, a leading contender for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), would be able to make the May 2 classic after noted hoof specialist Ian McKinlay treated a second quarter crack in the colt's right-front hoof at Belmont Park.
Trainer Bobby Frankel reported Oct. 20 that Mast Track, one of the likely pacesetters in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), is doubtful for Saturday's $5 million race after a quarter crack was detected while he was being shod, but he still hasn't ruled out the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile.
Congaree went to the track Wednesday morning for some light exercise, equipped with a temporary patch for his quarter crack. Trainer Bob Baffert said tomorrow will be a key day in determining the colt's chances of making the Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
Bob Baffert has pre-entered Congaree in both the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Sprint (gr. I) as a precaution after the colt came down with a minor quarter crack on his hind foot. Baffert said he should be fine in a couple of days.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes