Nine of the potential European Breeders' Cup runners arrived at Monmouth Park at about 8 p.m. EDT Oct. 21, having touched down at Newark International Airport three hours earlier after an uneventful flight from England.
Racing in New South Wales was suspended indefinitely Aug. 27 in the wake of the escalation of the equine influenza crisis in Australia, and some stud farms began the breeding season early.
Penn National Race Course officials said they would lift the quarantine imposed on its backstretch due to equine herpesvirus March 7 provided no further cases of the virus are reported in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees