Nine of the potential European Breeders' Cup runners arrived at Monmouth Park at about 8 p.m. EDT Oct. 21, having touched down at Newark International Airport three hours earlier after an uneventful flight from England.
Racing in New South Wales was suspended indefinitely Aug. 27 in the wake of the escalation of the equine influenza crisis in Australia, and some stud farms began the breeding season early.
Penn National Race Course officials said they would lift the quarantine imposed on its backstretch due to equine herpesvirus March 7 provided no further cases of the virus are reported in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares