Quantum Racing Team #1's Mambo Meister, a popular horse in South Florida who won three grade III stakes, was euthanized April 9 after suffering an injury while training at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Switching back to the main track was no problem for versatile Mambo Meister, as the 5-year-old romped to a 7 3/4-length victory as the odds-on favorite in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 31 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), got the job done this time for jockey Manoel Cruz when he nabbed favored Pinckney Hill at the wire on opening day at Calder Casino and Racetrack April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile