Quantum Racing Team #1's Mambo Meister, a popular horse in South Florida who won three grade III stakes, was euthanized April 9 after suffering an injury while training at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Switching back to the main track was no problem for versatile Mambo Meister, as the 5-year-old romped to a 7 3/4-length victory as the odds-on favorite in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 31 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), got the job done this time for jockey Manoel Cruz when he nabbed favored Pinckney Hill at the wire on opening day at Calder Casino and Racetrack April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed