Quantum Racing Team #1's Mambo Meister, a popular horse in South Florida who won three grade III stakes, was euthanized April 9 after suffering an injury while training at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Switching back to the main track was no problem for versatile Mambo Meister, as the 5-year-old romped to a 7 3/4-length victory as the odds-on favorite in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 31 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), got the job done this time for jockey Manoel Cruz when he nabbed favored Pinckney Hill at the wire on opening day at Calder Casino and Racetrack April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Indiana Grand to Host PDJF Event
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks