Quantum Racing Team #1's Mambo Meister, a popular horse in South Florida who won three grade III stakes, was euthanized April 9 after suffering an injury while training at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Switching back to the main track was no problem for versatile Mambo Meister, as the 5-year-old romped to a 7 3/4-length victory as the odds-on favorite in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 31 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), got the job done this time for jockey Manoel Cruz when he nabbed favored Pinckney Hill at the wire on opening day at Calder Casino and Racetrack April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay