Quantum Racing Team #1's Mambo Meister, a popular horse in South Florida who won three grade III stakes, was euthanized April 9 after suffering an injury while training at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Switching back to the main track was no problem for versatile Mambo Meister, as the 5-year-old romped to a 7 3/4-length victory as the odds-on favorite in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) May 31 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), got the job done this time for jockey Manoel Cruz when he nabbed favored Pinckney Hill at the wire on opening day at Calder Casino and Racetrack April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task