Quaesitor earned the first stakes victory of his career amidst a frosty conclusion to the 2013 season at Woodbine, closing from last to capture the marathon Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) from favorite Eagle Poise.
Woodbine completes its 2013 Thoroughbred season Dec. 15 with the $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III), a 1 3/4-mile Polytrack test that attracted a field of eight older horses.
Heathcote led at every call of the marathon Valedictory (Can-III) on closing day for 2012 at Woodbine Dec. 16, romping to a 12 1/4-length victory in his stakes debut.
The $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III), the closing-day feature for 2012 at Woodbine Dec. 16, will produce a first graded win for one of the nine entrants in the 1 3/4-mile marathon.
Fillies accounted for two-thirds of the 2012 Canadian Triple Crown when the late-running Irish Mission outfought Aldous Snow to capture the $506,739 Breeders' Stakes by a half-length on the Woodbine turf Aug. 5.
Irish Mission, runner-up in the Queen's Plate last month, takes on males once more in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes as the 5-2 morning line favorite at Fort Erie racetrack in Ontario July 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity