Archipenko produced an imposing stretch run under Kevin Shea to mow down his rivals in the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) for trainer Mike de Kock before 48,459 at Sha Tin April 27.
Ignored at odds of nearly 7-1, undefeated Vacare got the first challenge of her career while prevailing in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Keeneland grass course Saturday.
New Zealand-bred Vengeance of Rain, winner of the Hong Kong Derby earlier this year, unleashed a powerful drive down the straight for jockey Anthony Delpech to win the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday.
Fox Ridge Farm's Riskaverse made Saturday's $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) an exciting one, coming from well behind to get up in the final strides at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job